The installation of an Office Dot consists of four simple steps. The following article will showcase the steps including potential pitfalls.
- Every desk has been cleaned and is free of dust.
- Every desk has a 5V power socket available.
- Every desk has one desk identifier.
- Every desk has one 5V adapter.
- Every desk has one cable management clip.
Steps for installation:
- Use the adhesive tape to stick the identifier to the top right corner of the desk.
- Place the Office Dot 1x its own width from the side of the table (Tip: use another Office Dot for measurement)
- Press firmly on the Office Dot for multiple seconds to secure it in place.
The following video shows how to mount an Office Dot.
- Power up the Office Dot at each individual desk by plugging them into the designated power sockets.
- Wait for the Office Dot light indicator to turn green.
Please note: Depending on signal strength in the area and location in the building it can take up to 10 minutes for the booting process to be completed (and the light to turn green).
Troubleshooting if light does not turn green:
- Unplug the Office Dot for 30 seconds and try again. (try this 2/3 times)
- Change the 5V adapter with a spare one.
In case all of the troubleshooting tips above failed, replace the Office Dot.
- Use the cable management clips to attach the cable to the bottom of the desk.
The Office Dot does not power on at all.
- Check if the power socket is giving power.
- Replace the 5V adapter with another one from the shipment.
- Replace the Office Dot with another one from the shipment.
There is no adhesive tape on the bottom of the device.
- We always add multiple sheets of adhesive stickers to every shipment.