Out of the box, the Office Spaces Desk, Room, and Climate sensors are preconfigured. The only thing that needs to be done is to pair and locate them to the correct Office Dot. To do so, use the setup app. This article will explain how to use the setup app to pair a sensor to an Office Dot.
The use of this function is simple:
- Select the "Pair Sensor" function in the setup app
- Scan the Office Dot that needs to be paired with a sensor. A correct scan will show the icon of the Office Dot.
- Start the pairing process by tapping "Prepare Sensor Pairing" (accept Bluetooth connections if needed).
- Put the sensor next to the phone and press the sync (S) button.
We recommend using a paperclip or similar to press the button (no sharp objects)
- Correct: The sensor will blink blue, then purple, then green. After being green the device should change color based on movement detection by the sensor.
Issue: The sensor blinks blue, purple, red. The pairing failed.
Fix: Please try again by repeating steps 1-4.
Issue: The sensor does not blink at all.
Fix: Reset the sensor connection by holding the sync button for 5 seconds, or until the light turns full blue. (Sensor will turn full blue and then blink white once if successful). Then try again by repeating steps 1-4.
- Tapping the button too quickly could result in the sensor not registering a click.
- Press the restart (R) button to restart the device if needed.
- If after multiple tries a sensor does not work as stated above. Pick another sensor from the box. If multiple sensors have this problem, do not hesitate to contact support.