The check presence feature is an important aspect of ensuring that desks and meeting rooms are used effectively and efficiently. Vodafone Office Spaces offers the possibility of enabling the check-in option in your Office Spaces configuration.
This feature has administrative configuration options please check with your Office Spaces administrator as to which options are active in your office.
Check presence with sensors
If this option is enable, when a reservation is created, the sensor can detect whether there is occupancy in the meeting room at the time of the reservation.
- If no occupancy is detected, the user is notified to confirm if they will be using the workplace.
- If there is no response or if the user confirms that they will not be using the workplace, the reservation is automatically cancelled after a while.
This helps to ensure that the meeting room is not left unused, and that other users can make use of it if needed.
In addition to using sensors, check presence can also be combined with a check-in functionality.
If a future reservation has not been checked-in at the date of the reservation, the user is also sent a notification similar to the one used with the sensor option. This helps to ensure that the user is reminded of their reservation and that they confirm whether they will be using the workplace or not. This is particularly useful when a user has made a reservation but forgets to check-in at the scheduled time. By sending a notification, the user can be reminded to either confirm their reservation or cancel it so that the meeting room is available for other users.
To check-in at the reservation date just go to your booking and press the ‘Check in’ button . A confirmation message will be displayed on your screen:
There are several important things to keep in mind when chek-in feature is enable. These include:
- Reservations created on the same day are automatically checked-in.
- Checking in a reservation for a desk can only be done by the user who did the reservation. This helps to ensure that the user who reserved the desk is the one who actually uses it.
- Checking in a reservation for a room can be done by any user.
- Both a check-in and a sensor registration prevent the reservation from being removed. This helps to ensure that the reservation is only cancelled if the user has confirmed that they will not be using the workplace, either through a check-in or a sensor registration. (Mobile App reléase 2.4.x required)
By keeping these points in mind, the check presence feature can be effectively implemented and help ensure that meeting rooms are used efficiently and effectively. With the combination of sensors and check-in functionality, users can avoid wasting time and resources on unused meeting rooms, while also ensuring that they have access to the space they need when they need it.