The following section includes the following information:
- The technical specifications,
- The intended use,
- The warranty.
The Desk Availability Sensor (DAS) is designed and developed as of our smart workspace platform. It is an on-premise, low voltage/battery powered device that;
assesses the availability of an individual desk by registering movement using a PIR, and
transmits and receives Bluetooth signals.
|Mechanics & Design
Housing material: ABS (acrylonitrile-butadieen-styreen) and P2,2x10 T6 torx screws
NFC-tag material: LUPOY Polycarbonate 1201-15
The DAS is designed for indoor use only
Operating temperature range: 5ºC to 35ºC
|Size & Weight
|75 x 75 x 23,5 mm; 68g
|Band and mode / Output power
|Bluetooth 2.4 GHz: -4 dBM NFC 13.56 MHz: passive
Power input: non-rechargeable Li-SOCL2 battery of 2600mAh
Power consumption: on average 3,5 - 19 µA, i.e. 0,002 - 0,01 Watt
Expected lifespan of battery*: >48 months.
|USB-C power from a CE/FCC certified cable connected to a 5V CE/FCC certified adapter
|1 sensor : 1 Office Dot
Customs HS-code: 8517 62 00 00
1 Desk Availability Sensor
2 Double-sided mounting tapes
|Type approved: CE
Before using the People Counter, read the safety, installation and operation instructions to ensure proper use.
2. Intended use
The product is intended to assess the availability of an individual desk in an office environment. The measuring data are transmitted over Bluetooth to the device with which the product is synchronized. The product should be mounted centered on the bottom side of the surface.
The solution function is four-fold:
- Receiving a ‘configuration’ payload over Bluetooth connectivity from the device, as generated by the back-end software;
- Executing the sensor assessment, i.e. checking desk availability.
- Sending the ‘sensor’ payload over Bluetooth connectivity to the device;
- Providing no show information as a trigger for further action
3. Mounting and commissioning
Mounting and commissioning Position the product in the center of the long end of the desk approx. 32cm inwards measured from the chair side of the desk. After determination of the product position either mount by following one of the below:
- Fit double-sided tape at the bottom of the product, while not covering the product information sticker. Uncover the cover of the double-side tape and stick the device at the designated position with the three ‘holes’ facing to one of the long ends of the desk. Mounting option
- To screw the sensor to its position; drive a 3mm screw through both remaining hole at the bottom side of the sensor ‘north’ and ‘south’ of the product sticker to pinpoint the screw guides at the top side of the sensor. Then use these guides to screw the sensor to its position with the three ‘holes’ facing to one of the long ends of the desk
The product is configured, using the setup app. In essence this setup app allows you to synchronise the sensor to a device, so that the sensory data is transmitted to the smart workspace platform. Once the configuration of the product is finalised the sensor data can be displayed on the dashboard.
4. Maintenance & Care
The device housing can be wiped for dust or cleaned with a damp cloth if needed. Do not use cleaning agents.
Electrical and electronic equipment, accessories and packaging must be recycled in an environmentally compatible manner. Do not dispose of electrical and electronic equipment as domestic waste.
The hardware has been designed with an eye to recyclability to support with sustainability. Feel free to contact Vodafone Business in support in disposing of hardware.
EU countries only: under the current European Directive on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment and its implementation in national law, electrical and electronic equipment no longer suitable for use must be collected separately and recycled in an environmentally compatible manner.