This section includes the following information:
- The technical specifications,
- The intended use,
- The warranty.
The Room Availability Sensor (RAS) is part of our Office Spaces smart workspace platform. It is an on-premise, low voltage/battery powered device that;
Assesses room availability by registering movement using a PIR, and
Transmits and receives Bluetooth signals.
|Mechanics & Design
|Housing material: ABS (acrylonitrile-butadieen-styreen) and P2,2x10
T6 torx screws
NFC-tag material: LUPOY Polycarbonate 1201-15
The RAS is designed for indoor use only
Operating temperature range: 5ºC to 35ºC
|Size & Weight
|75 x 75 x 23,5 mm; 68g
|Band and mode / Output power
|Bluetooth 2.4 GHz: -4 dBM
NFC 13.56 MHz: passive
|Power input: non-rechargeable Li-SOCL2 battery of 2600mAh
Power consumption: on average 3,5 - 19 µA, i.e. 0,002 - 0,01 Watt
Expected lifespan of battery*: >48 months
|Alternative power source: USB-C power from a CE/FCC certified cable
connected to a 5V CE/FCC certified adapter
|1 sensor : 1 Office Dot
|1 Room Availability Sensor
2 Double-sided mounting tapes
|Type approved: CE
Before using the Room Sensor, read the safety, installation and operation instructions to ensure proper use.
2. Intended use
The product is intended to assess availability of a room in an office environment by measuring movement. The measuring data are transmitted over Bluetooth to the Office Dot with
which the product is synchronized. The product should be mounted to the wall at a height of 1,5-2m. from the floor, or to the ceiling in the center of the room.
The solution function is four-fold:
- Receiving a ‘configuration’ payload over Bluetooth connectivity from the device, as generated by the back-end software;
- Executing the sensor assessment, i.e. Room availability by measuring movement;
- Sending the ‘sensor’ payload over Bluetooth connectivity to the device; and
- Providing no show information as a trigger for further action
3. Mounting and commissioning
Position the product at a) 1,5-2 m. from the floor in a vertical position against a wall or b) to the ceiling (Figure 3a / 3b). The best result is obtained when the sensor is positioned in the center of the shortest wall or the ceiling. After determination of the product position either:
- Mounting option 1. Fit double-sided tape at the bottom of the product, while not covering the product information sticker. Uncover the cover of the double-side tape and stick the device at the designated position with the three ‘holes’ facing to the ground (similar to the image); or
- Mounting option 2. To screw the sensor to its position; drive a 3mm screw through both remaining hole at the bottom side of the sensor ‘north’ and ‘south’ of the product sticker to pinpoint the screw guides at the top side of the sensor. Then use these guides to screw the sensor to its position with the three ‘holes’
facing to the ground.
4. Maintenance & Care
The device housing can be wiped for dust or cleaned with a damp cloth if needed. Do not use cleaning agents.
Electrical and electronic equipment, accessories and packaging must be recycled in an environmentally compatible manner. Do not dispose of electrical and electronic equipment as domestic waste.
The hardware has been designed with an eye to recyclability to support with sustainability. Feel free to contact Vodafone Business in support in disposing of hardware.
EU countries only: under the current European Directive on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment and its implementation in national law, electrical and electronic equipment no longer suitable for use must be collected separately and recycled in an environmentally compatible manner.